Wednesday meetings (HELD EVERY WEEK) are usually not quite this eventful; but because the Taiwanese are famous for their pineapple cakes (Try this recipe), Helen decided to bake a Pineapple Upside-down cake; done in the scenario center. We’re all wearing “Pink” today to promote the “NO BULLYING” in schools concept (A GLOBAL concern).
Taiwanese Pineapple Cakes
230 gm. Butter (8 ounces)
100 gm. sugar (3.2 ounces)
25 gm. milk powder (.8 ounces)
10 gm. green tea powder (1/3 ounce)
320 gm. plain flour (11.25 ounces)
1/4 tsp. green tea paste (optional)
Pineapple Jam as filling
(1) Roll pineapple jam into small round balls.
(2) Cream butter, sugar, milk powder, green tea powder till creamy.
(3) Add in egg and green tea paste and beat till well combined.
(4) Add in flour and baking powder and mix till a dough is formed.
(5) Pinch a small portion of the dough and wrap up with pineapple fillings.
(6) Press into small square or oblong rings and place it on a baking tray.
(7) Bake in preheated oven at 175C (350 F) till golden brown.
(8) Remove and leave to cool on wire rack before storing into cookie containers.